Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This just in!

It's official! I get the keys to the new place at 5:30! Yippee

Not that living out of boxes and having a home that somewhat resembles a corn maze in October doesn't have a quirky fun side to it...it's just that there are very few redeeming qualities in the comfort of the refrigerator box currently serving as a sofa, or the computer box/coffee tables that are not quite sturdy enough for a lamp, with a peculiar scent of pepperoni and saugage that lingers from the new coffee table, cleverly converted from last night's dinner delivery. (I guess it's time to say goodbye to the Coleman lantern hanging from the ceiling hook that once housed my oil fountain/hanging Greek Godess lamp-statue.) ;)

I have been waiting for this day for several months now, slowly increasing the intensity of the "packing process" from the occasional glance at a box here and there, as I think to my self, "hmm...that might work for the monitor" or, "hey, I think my collection of nesting dolls will fit in that box", to following the Best Buy guys to their cars to see if I can talk any of them into stashing a few of the "good" boxes, with a little help from "George" while secretly imagining myself holding U-Haul to get some good wardrobe boxes and packing tape.

I have lost my tape guns (3 of them) over the course of packing, at LEAST a hundred times, and don't know that I didn't use one to seal the other safely into a box..."somewhere".

The great news is it is all down hill from here. Two flights of stairs, twice the size of the home, hundreds of boxes, bags, and plastic containers, some basic furniture, some pizza and lots of friends...moving made easy!




No comments:

My Blog List