Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Overwhelmed


Today, my head is spinning. My anxiety level is rising and I seem to be lost in directionless wandering. I have boxes everywhere, loans that are in need of my attention, publishers calling, clients waiting, laundry piles morphing into mountains before my eyes, email coming out my ears, and of course, I only want to hide away and write.

When I get like this I tend to shut down. I find myself curled up,(mentally) thinking, praying and hoping that I can regain some sense of direction before I get lost for an indefinite period of time. Usually, a trip out of the house to get coffee helps...too bad I downed nearly a pot already... My jitters have the jitters!

In all my earthly wisdom, I have learned to leave a trail of gummy bears so that I can find my way out of every mess I find myself in. The problem, as I see it, is that they are of no use if I pick them up and eat them along the way! (well, except for the fact that they feed my sugar high). :0)

I guess it's good to feel the pressure of your worlds colliding at times. I am not sure "WHAT" good it is, but as always, in time, it is revealed and often makes perfect sense. I am watching my clock as I type, anticipating the moment that it all becomes clear. (Only to notice that the battery needs replacing-is it my eyes or is the second hand moving BACKWARDS?!) and that, of course, only adds to the humor (and humiliation) of it all.

Whelp...It appears that nothing is getting done...and that doesn't seem to help the anxiety level. Something's gottah give!


Ok...OK!...Fine! I'll get back to work! But, I won't like it and...

~I WILL BE BACK!








My Blog List