Saturday, July 12, 2008

And so it begins...



I read my friend's blog today. And, as if I were a moth lured by flame, I am compelled to flitter in and out of all the nuances that make blogging a "writer's drug of choice". I can almost restrain--almost. it's just that "They" make it so easy now...click here, insert there, type this here, and "poof" you have a blog. Heck, why not give it a go? I have something to say...even if no one will listen.

I was told I should give this a try..."it's therapeutic", he says.

So, here's to my first "no cost" therapy session!

I am sitting on my bed, typing away knowing full well that I should be taking things off the walls and packing instead. It appears that the process of moving does not begin on its own. I have a few weeks yet, but the job is a big one and time is not the commodity it once was. The problem is, "I am hooked". This is right up my alley- free style writing, graphic design, fonts, colors, and an entire "www" full of photos, jokes, cartoons, and other useless information to insert "here and there"...best of all...NO ONE CAN STOP ME!

Equal to my passion for writing, is my passion for interior design. And, as a writer may believe there are never enough leather bound journals in the world, a designer may find herself entrapped by the belief that many "design elements", does a "great design" make. (Ok, so, "design elements" is a glorified justification for "chachkies" ). On the other hand, if I were an employee of a moving company...I might call it junk? no matter what the case may be...my house is FULL of it!


The plan was to hit the major stores like Wal-Mart after their night shift of stocking so that I could score some decent boxes. That was about 5 hours ago...does that make me a procrastinator?
I am excited for change, but not the process one must endure to exact said change. My life experiences have taught me that there is always a cost for change, which often includes "pain" of one sort or another.
I guess I am up for the challenge. It appears the Lord thinks I might be, as He alone has paved the way.*Remind me to tell you the story of how this all came about...but, it's gonna have to wait 'cuz...well, I need to pack!
...Wow! He was right. I feel better already!

1 comment:

Corey Matelli said...

I'll bill you.

Great job! Welcome to the blogosphere!

My Blog List