Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I AM


This is something I wrote a while back. It's funny how old things really do become new. I really needed to remember this today. I hope you find YOUR "I AM" here too!

I AM
Who are you Lord that I would fret what happens next to me?

Who are you Lord that I would doubt a future I don’t see?
Who are you Lord that I would cry an endless sea of tears?
Who are you Lord that I would chose bondage to my fears?
Who are you Lord that I would walk timid and unsure?
Who are you Lord that I would rather quit than to endure?
Who are you Lord that I would fail to live a life that’s good?
Who are you Lord that I would ask, yet feel misunderstood?
Who are you Lord that I would lie in bed yet not find sleep?
Who are you Lord that I would wrestle turmoil settled deep?
Who are you Lord that I would pray yet fail to hear your voice?
Who are you Lord that I would fall and wonder, was it choice?
Who are you Lord that I would ask of you, yet again today?
Who are you Lord that I would find, I simply had to pray?
(c) Lisa Bennett, 2006

And then I am reminded…

I am, "I AM", The Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and the End.

I Am Elohim, The Lord your God Who Created you.

I Am El-Elyon, your God Most High, supreme ruler of all.

I am El Roi, the God Who Sees. Nothing gets by me.

I am El Shaddai, the All Sufficient One, I am all you need.

I am Addonai, "The Lord", not "a" lord…THEE LORD.

I am Jehovah, Self Existent One. I Am Who I Am.


I am Jehovah-Jireh, The Lord Who Will Provide. No need you have is greater than My provision.

I am Jehovah-Rapha the Lord Who Heals All Things.

I Am Jehovah-Nisi, the Lord Your Banner. Your victory is in Me.

I am Jehovah-Mekodishkem, The Lord Who Sanctifies You. You are set apart, you are holy, because I AM.

I Jehovah-Shalom the Lord Your Peace. Rest in Me.

I am Jehovah Sabaoth, the Lord of Hosts. When you are failing and powerless,drowning in your extremity you come to Me.

I am your Jehovah-Raah…the Lord Your Shepherd. Because of my love for you, you will not go far. I keep watch to guide you and comfort you by My rod and My staff.

I am your Jehovah-Tsidkenu, the Lord, Your Righteousness. Deceitful wickedness, hopelessness, and dark hours spent fretting judgment and failure, are not for you, because of who I Am.

I am Jehovah-Shammah, the Lord Who is There. You are not alone, I am with you there.

…And, I come to find that He is so much more, and that my peace returns, my fears fade, my hope renews and joy replaces grief, sadness, and despair all because I asked, and He answered! We serve a mighty God.


...on that note, I am happy to report that I will hold off on my Boy George blog post...though his make up job was always a sight to behold...I think it will have to wait for a day when I can wrap my brain around the funnier side of life.

No comments:

My Blog List