Friday, January 9, 2009

Maybe Today



It's out of my hands, I have no say
Not an ounce of control, left only to pray
...
I wrestle within, anger and fear
Toiling and desperate to know You are here
...
Why must I linger so long in this place?
When I thought that I'd run, and won this race
...
I am much too tired and I'm just not strong
I've got nothing left, except this broken heart's song
...
I long to hear You, in whisper or shout
That You're ever near me, and I needn't doubt
...
I wait once again, and on bended knee pray
With a hopeful heart that "maybe today"
...
You are my covering, my shelter my shield
My strong place to lean, my brokenness healed
...
Again Lord I'll wait, and I'll seek Your face
Till my heart finds peace, and can I rest in Your grace
(c) Lisa Bennett 01/08/09

1 comment:

Corey Matelli said...

Wow.

(that's it...that's all I've got)

My Blog List